Pre-Op/PACU Registered Nurse | Nights | FT
Department: Vail Valley Surgery Center
Type: Full Time
Location: Vail, CO
Vail Valley Surgery Center is hiring an experienced Pre-Op/PACU Registered Nurse
Two OR RNs talk about the environment and team at VVSC
About the Position
The Pre-Op/PACU Nurse at Vail Health focuses on caring for patients before and after surgeries and procedures. Prior to a patient’s surgery, you will assess the patient by reviewing their current and past health history, collecting and analyzing lab results, assessing psychological and physical condition, and educating the patient on the surgery or procedure as well as any pre-operative instructions. Upon the completion of the patient’s surgical procedure, the Surgical Nurse will shift to post-operative care of the patient. This includes monitoring the patient for signs of distress, infection, shock, bleeding, or other post-procedure complications and addressing these issues, as well as providing pain management. Prior to the patient’s release, you will instruct the patient and their family on any discharge orders and ensure the patient is comfortable. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are vital to work with and educate patients and their families during this stressful or difficult process.
The Pre-Surgical Unit at Vail Valley Surgery Center
Molly, Property Coordinator, and Craig, VP of Real Estate Development, talk about activities, arts, culture, and entertainment all available in Vail and the surrounding areas
- Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Life insurance
- Short- and Long-Term disability
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 403(b) Retirement plan
- Generous PTO
- Tuition and childcare reimbursement
- Employee dependent scholarships
- Student loan forgiveness program
- Payroll deduction for ski passes and discounted gym memberships
- Corporate volunteer program
- Employee wellness program
- Professional development opportunities and funds
- Diversity training
- Fun volunteer opportunities, such as Pink Vail
- 36 hours/week
- 1 year of Pre-op/PACU experience
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Colorado or from a valid compact state
- Basic Life Support (BLS) by the American Heart Association
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS)
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS)
Linda & Lorrissa, two OR RNs, discuss what drew them to VVSC
About Vail Valley Surgery Center
Vail Valley Surgery Center Vail is a world-class facility in a world-class resort. Our Vail center is centrally located on the main campus of the Vail Health Hospital. Whether you are a local resident, a visitor to the area, or have come specifically to be treated in our top-notch facility, we treat every patient with the same high level of care.
We opened the doors to our multi-specialty Ambulatory Surgery Center in 2002, and since then have continued to offer only the best technology, treatment, and expertise. You'll receive individualized attention in the warm and comfortable atmosphere of our state-of-the-art center.
Vail Valley Surgery Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages diversity in the workplace.
Our short application process takes less than 3 minutes on your phone, tablet or computer.
#preoppacurn #pacurn #rn #registerednursejobs #nurserecruitment #vvsc #vailvalleysurgerycenter